Forum 2018-09-06T09:58:36+00:00

E-11 build with electronics package  

RSS

Paul Silverlock
(@scalawag)
Jedi Padawan Newbie
02/09/2018 1:47 pm  

Hi all,

I’m new here, but thought you might all like to see what i have been building recently.

First up is this E-11 blaster.  Its a resin kit from a well known supplier (not sure if I am able to mention makers here or not) and was built to include a blaster electronics package.

I will post some pics I took during the build, and a video I made at the end of the build as this shows the blaster in action.

So I started off with a box of bits I had gathered together over the course of a couple of months.

[img] [/img]

This included the resin blaster kit that formed the base for the build, a replacement hollow resin scope, a number of 3D printed parts from Shapeways and a finishing kit from a member over at white armor.net.

Here are some shots under construction.  I didn’t take too many pics whilst building, I forgot to as my attention was on the build, but these gives some idea of what was involved.

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

And here it is finished before paint.

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

And here we are fully painted and ready to go.

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

And the best way to show the functionality of the electronics etc.. was to make this short video.  In it I talk about building and painting the blaster as well as running through all the functions it has.

E-11 Video review

Hope you enjoyed looking at this, and of course I am more than happy to try and answer any questions you may have if I can.

Cheers

Paul

christine liked
ReplyQuote
HRHKatiejane
(@hrhkatiejane)
Sith Minion Moderator
02/09/2018 3:08 pm  

That is nice! Very professional.

Prop building is so addictive, it’s such an awesome hobby :o)

Never lose your dinosaur

ReplyQuote
Paul Silverlock
(@scalawag)
Jedi Padawan Newbie
02/09/2018 3:41 pm  
Posted by: HRHKatiejane

That is nice! Very professional.

Prop building is so addictive, it’s such an awesome hobby :o)

Thank you HRHkatiejane,

Its nice when people appreciate your work.

Prop building is definitely addictive, I’m just getting into it and i’m hooked.

I have made scale models for most of my life and that probably shows through in some of the painting techniques I use.  I have also built remote controlled models for a number of years and so the electronics in this one appealed to that side of my interest too.

I love this blaster and when I troop with it it gets so many positive comments and looks of astonishment.  I really love the stun setting, its so cool.

paul

ReplyQuote
Ross8008
(@ross8008)
Grand Jedi Master GML
02/09/2018 5:32 pm  

Hi Paul. another really nice job there. those blaster kits looks really sharp when you add a bit of love like you have 🙂 

keep up the good work 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Paul Silverlock
(@scalawag)
Jedi Padawan Newbie
02/09/2018 9:17 pm  

Thanks Ross,

The kit is once again a great base.  It’s by no means perfect, but it is pretty good.  

I could have put more detail into this, but really when trooping you just don’t see the extras, they are either hidden by your hands or holster when trooping.  No body takes any notice of the detail once you pull the trigger anyway on this one anyway, they are just fascinated with the pew pew sound and light show 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 .

Anyway, thanks again and glad you like my work.

Paul

Ross8008 liked
ReplyQuote
steve9565
(@steve9565)
Sith Minion Admin
03/09/2018 7:24 am  

Awesome looking blaster, great work

"For my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom is as great. You have no power over me “

ReplyQuote
Paul Silverlock
(@scalawag)
Jedi Padawan Newbie
03/09/2018 8:41 am  

Thank you steve9565,

I am really quite proud of this build.  It came out very well indeed and seems to get lots of compliments.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register