Forum 2018-09-06T09:58:36+01:00

The blind honourary member has arrived  

RSS

jukesy1992
(@jukesy1992)
Jar Jar Binks Newbie
25/10/2018 5:56 pm  

Hi all,

I am an honourary member of the IW Garrison with a difference, as seen in the title: I am a blind person.

To prove this is not a trick, and actually as a matter of curiosity to be honest, I would actually like one of the admins such as Ross to explain why I was picked, and what has happened and what costume they got for me.

ReplyQuote
Ross8008
(@ross8008)
Sith Minion GML
25/10/2018 6:06 pm  

Hi Aaron and welcome. We have met Aaron at various events over the years but last years Island con made a big impact on us. Aaron had such a great experience feeling all the different costumes and props on the weekend.  It was so nice that he can paint the picture in his head of the elements that make up these props and costumes. We decided that we should make him an X-wing costume and invite him along as an honorary member of the IWG. We presented him with the costume a week before the con and gave him his Certificate this Sunday after he picked the prize draw for us at the event 🙂 . Geoff from the Rebel Legion said he is in talks with his CO Mark with regards to making Aaron a honorary of their club also 🙂 

This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by Ross8008

ReplyQuote
HRHKatiejane
(@hrhkatiejane)
Sith Minion Moderator
25/10/2018 6:13 pm  

Yay! Welcome to the mad house Aaron. Looking forward to trooping with you soon 

Katie xxx

Never lose your dinosaur

ReplyQuote
Sean Kelly
(@sean)
Youngling IWG member
25/10/2018 6:15 pm  

Hey Aaron and welcome!  Can’t wait to see you again 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Tegan Tallulah
(@te-te)
Youngling IWG member
25/10/2018 6:16 pm  

Hello Aaron! Welcome! Looking forward to you being more involved with the IWG. 🙂 See you soon!

– Tegan

ReplyQuote
Les Elsmore
(@les-elsmore)
Grand Jedi Master IWG member
25/10/2018 6:29 pm  

Hi Aaron

Welcome to our 1st honorary member.

Everytime we meet you, you allow us to enter your world of wonder. To be a part of and experience our costumes in new and unique ways really is a pleasure.

I look forward to trooping with you in the near future.

Happy days.

L. Elsmore

ReplyQuote
YT
 YT
(@whiteeedotcom)
Grand Jedi Master Moderator
25/10/2018 7:53 pm  

Aaaaaaarggggggghhhh awaaarrrrrgh aaaaarrrrrr uhhhh

Sam Ellis and Ross8008 liked
ReplyQuote
1979bilbo1979
(@1979bilbo1979)
Grand Jedi Master Galatic Academy CO
25/10/2018 8:32 pm  

Hi Aaron and welcome.

I always enjoy meeting you at our events. It gives me huge amounts of pleasure talking to you. Always happy and always willing to give everyone your time. It’s only fitting that you should be an honorary member of the garrison.

I look forward to trooping with you in the future  ( Rebel scum ) ha ha ha

Tk10794   |-o-|

Jay

ReplyQuote
Hurricane
(@hurricane)
Jedi Master Armourer
25/10/2018 8:56 pm  

We have been expecting you young Jedi. I look forward to more encounters with you ,I shall enjoy completing your training…..

Whatdaya you hear ? Nothing but the rain.Then grab your gun and bring the cat in.

ReplyQuote
Sam Ellis
(@sam2020)
Jedi Padawan IWG member
26/10/2018 7:36 am  

Welcome, Aaron!

So happy for you to be joining the garrison, it’s always a pleasure seeing you and finding out all the new characters you’ve interacted with! I look forward to seeing you more in the future and you certainly deserve to be an honorary member!

May the force be with you

Sam

Cleared suits: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Current WIP: Han Solo ANH

ReplyQuote
Colin Richardson
(@colin-richardson)
Grand Jedi Master XO
26/10/2018 7:37 pm  

Hi Aaron, A Big welcome to you.

I’m Colin, I do a couple of different costumes, Biker Scout, Stormtrooper and Zombie Stormtrooper. We have met at several events, Hulabaloo in Sandown in the summer and I was the first Zombie you me at Comic con last weekend. I’m quite a quite person, especially when in my zombie. It’s always a pleasure to see you at events, looking forward to see you again soon. 

TK60380 also known as "Trip" or "Oh, you were the one who fell flat on you face over a massive rock at Legoland 6-5-13!"

ReplyQuote
christine
(@christine)
Grand Jedi Master Treasury team
27/10/2018 11:55 am  

Hello Aaron and welcome to the IW Garrison.  I’ve met you at lots of events and it was great to see you wearing your XWing costume on Sunday.  Hope you enjoyed IslandCon as much as we did!

ReplyQuote
mandalorianlilly
(@mandalorianlilly)
Youngling Safeguarding officer
28/10/2018 9:51 am  

Hi Aaron.

Look forward to trooping with you.

Congratulations with everything. 

Lilly

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working