Welcome to the Eadu base of the Galactic Academy.
The Galactic Academy is a Star Wars costuming club exclusively for kids and teens. Anyone under the age of 18 who likes to dress as a Star Wars character is welcome to join. The Academy serves as a gallery online of pictures for kids and teens. It also serves as a club where members can feel proud to be part of a community of fans.
The isle of Wight camp of the GA is The Eadu School.
Becoming a member.
The Academy encourages costumers from both the Empire and the Republic, so no matter what your age or affiliation you will find a home with us. If you have a Star Wars costume, Imperial or Republic, and you are under 18 years of age, the Galactic Academy is the place for you.
The Galactic Academy charges nothing for admission. All we require is a picture to post on the site, permission from the parents (in the form of an email stating name, relation, and permission) to post the picture, and information for the cadet’s profile.
How to join.
1. A parent (we call them Protectors) needs to create an account on the Galactic Academy website. To do this click on the ‘Register’ link on the top toolbar and fill in your details.
2. You will receive an email shortly after, please click on the link in the email to confirm your email address and activate your account. If you do not receive the email please check you Junk/Spam folder in your email client.
3. Your Protector can now log in by following the ‘Login’ link on the top toolbar.
4. Once logged in, click on your email address in the top toolbar and select the ‘Manage Cadets’ link from the list of options that drops down.
5. You will be presented with a list of your cadets (children) which will start empty. Click on the ‘Add Cadet’ link and fill in the details for the cadet. Click on the ‘Create’ button once you are ready.
6. You will then be shown a screen where you can add a costume for your cadet. Select the appropriate costume and click on the ‘Add’ button.
7. You will be taken to a screen where you can upload photos of your cadet’s costume. Please upload at least one photo, although you can upload as many as you like. At least one ‘bucket on’ and one ‘bucket off photo’ is ideal. Upload the photos by either dropping them onto the photo uploader or clicking the ‘Add files’ button and selecting them from the window that will open. Once you have selected your files be sure to click on the ‘Start Upload’ button and don’t navigate away from the page until the upload(s) are complete.
8. You have now created your first cadet and their first costume. You can continue to add new costumes for this cadet or go back to the start and add another cadet or more.
9. Our admissions staff will be notified of your new cadet and will approve the cadet and costume(s) once the application has been checked for accuracy and to ensure it does not contain any offensive material. At this time you can expect your cadet to be assigned a cadet ID and will receive a welcome email with their membership certificate and other information.
10. At any time you can come back and add new cadets or costumes, delete cadets or costumes, as well as uploading new photos or deleting existing photos.
Galactic Academy Charter.
The GA charter and protocol can be found here.